Under the street, there is a fun title and so simple in itself, Quay is considered as one of the main attractions of Tambov. It is not only a favorite of tourists, but also the citizens themselves, and what is especially pleasing to the water that continues to improve, is the constant opening of new monuments and cozy cafes. But the most curious eyes attract the intelligent, which is the renovated and famous Aseevsky Palace.
Aseeva House, in fact, of course, not a palace, is actually a mansion, but it is not simple. The exterior of the building is surprising: it combines with the eclectic and capricious elements of baroque, classicism and modernity. It was built at the end of the 19th century in the estate of the rich and industrial province of Russia, Aseeva has long been forgotten in the home of the cardiological hospital. It was a ruinous destiny, destroyed and it seemed that it would never return to its natural state, so they decided to take the bull by the horns and show the whole of Russia, since it was necessary to save its cultural heritage. Later the house was repaired, the neglected garden was “combed” and the interiors were almost entirely restored. Today the branch of the “Peterhof” Museum is located in this building.
A major manufacturer and philanthropist M. V. Aseev built his estate on the outskirts of the peaceful Tambov, just in front of a soft and silent surface of the river spill, with wonderful views beyond the wide river. It is not restricted to the media, it was ordered the construction of the polygon in such a way, that it would be without canons. It would seem a great opportunity to show his bad taste, but not in this case. The main Manor House is surprising in proportionality and grace of all its elements: it is light, pretty, with asymmetrical facades and very interesting decorative solutions.
In 1908 in the territory of the farm, Aseeva was not only the palace, but also a laundry service, house servants, stables, house transport, and even made the construction of the power plant. The main house has an amazing proportionality and grace in all its elements: it is light, pretty, with asymmetric facades and very interesting decorative solutions.
With the advent of the revolution, Aseeva was heading for hell. Its factory, was providing about 50% of personnel of the czarist army, nationalized. The manufacturer did not wait for the end of the division of “bourgeois” property and sheltered all his considerable family, consisting of his wife, two sons and five daughters, taking them first to Moscow and then abroad.
The last thing that was heard of the enterprising businessman of czarist Russia, refers to 1921, when England became the Mikhail leader of Russian emigres, which shows the great respect for him and his popularity among all environments. Around 1985 the millionaire of Canada, who was grandson of Aseeva, offered its own cost to restore the mansion, with only one condition, that it became a museum. Why did the officials say “no” at the time? it is unknown.
Thus May 6, 1918, Aseeva house requisitioned, and converted into a boarding school for children from poor families. In the fall of 1918 they housed a group “soldiers on horseback” there, and later they moved to the estate of the Faculty of Agronomy of Tambov University. Since 1931, that once was a lush and rich farm becomes a cardiological sanatorium.
¿What can you see?
Of course, special attention should be paid to the main country house that was restored, where the valuable collection of the head of the “Peterhof” Museum is today. By the way, experts managed to retain substantially all the furniture incorporated, remembering the old teachers of Aseeva and restoring the strange reliefs.
The Park is the pride of the private estate of Aseeva. Here there are two hundred-year-old trees, like lime trees, elms, holm oaks, pines, murmur of fountains, with languor looking at the indifferent sculptures to nothing. In the spring, the scent of acacia and honeysuckle, in the heat of the day meets the fresh shadow of the crown of the poplar and blue spruce.
The main survivor of the park is the English oak, which, according to some scientists, recently celebrated more than 215 years.