The history of Moscow circuses of the late nineteenth – early twentieth century, is associated with the name of the Nikitin brothers. In 1883, during the celebrations for the coronation of Alexander III, they built in an amphitheater campoJodinskoe Pole with two arenas circus and hippodrome, where the events took place “Bedouin riding”, “Roman chariot races ” and many more.
The first permanent circus was built in 1853, on Petrovka Street (now here are the shops of Central Purchasing) by Novosiltsev. Another permanent circus was built on the street Vozdvizhenka in 1869, by Ginne (the circus existed 30 years). Until now, the circus is one of the favorite hobbies of Muscovites. Currently, in the Russian capital Moscow Nikulin Circus in Tsvetnoi Boulevard operate; Great Moscow Circus in Vernadskoe Avenue; as well as the new Circus of dancing fountains “Aquamarine” in Izmailovo. During the summer, in different districts of Moscow and in the parks of the city show their numbers, artists in circus tents.
In 1919, the circus on Tsvetnoi Boulevard was nationalized and became the first state circus. In 1919, the circus on Tsvetnoi Boulevard was nationalized and became the first state circus. An immortal glory in the circus Tsvetnoi Boulevard, were the great clowns Yuri Nikulin and Mikhail Shuidin -ocurría, people came to the circus just for them.
In 1983, the beloved and popular clown and actor Yuri Nikulin, veering Moscow Circus on Tsvetnoi Boulevard, on August 13, 1985, the last presentation took place in the historic building of the circus, which became a great and memorable event. The September 29, 1989, modernized the old circus opened.