[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]

Visit the Znamensky Cathedral in Kursk

If you are going to visit the Znamensky Cathedral in Kursk, you should know that it is one of the places that remember the triumph in the war of 1812 in Kursk for the decade (1816-1826) the Znamensky Cathedral was built; This is an architectural monument of federal importance. For a long time, the icon of the Mother of God “The Signal” of Kursk; which, was doing miracles in the man-made abode of the Root Desert. Therefore the name of the cathedral is Znamensky. After the 1917 revolution, the temple was sacked; the icon and the golden mantle, which was favored by Tsar Fiodor Ioannovich; adorned with expensive stones and pearls, they were kidnapped.

The image was accidentally found in Feodosievsky and in the fall of 1919 it was taken out of the city; and later from the country. Today, an important sanctuary of the Russian Christian church is maintained in New York. The golden garment disappeared without a trace.

Znamensky, the same cathedral in 1932, was closed. In 1935 the bell towers and domes were demolished; In 1943 the temple was set on fire by the retreating troops of the fascist army in World War II. The cathedral in its time was a warehouse; a prison camp, an electric plant and a cinema, until in 1992 it was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church. The temple underwent considerable reconstruction and restoration. It appeared before the eyes of all the splendor in 2004. When for a time (2009) the miraculous icon of the Mother of God “The Sign” of Kursk was brought; the pilgrims from all over Russia went to the sanctuary.

Since then, the image of the “Signal” is taken to Kursk every year. But in the Znamensky cathedral there is an exact copy of the icon, created by the monks of the Znamensky monastery in 1902. It was consecrated in a miraculous original.

Znamensky Cathedral is in the heart of the city, in the Znamensky Monastery, created in 1597-1613. The Kurians, in honor of Kursk’s liberation from the Polish hetman Zholkevsky, who captured and ruined the city. The temple is so significant and majestic that many compare it to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow. Its height under the dome is 48 m, and it is designed for the simultaneous presence of more than five thousand parishioners. The cathedral shakes its bell tower with a huge bell that weighs 1380 kg, and has the famous images stored in powerful pylons located in the refectory, all this gives a good impression on those present.

Before Easter 2001, a window of extraordinary beauty “La Madre de Dios” was installed on the altar of the cathedral, the pavilion and the portals were covered with granite.

The golden candlestick for blacksmithing and fine cast iron (2.5 tons), was installed under the dome, has 12 levels of candles.

During the reconstruction under the forests of the building in the Znamensky Cathedral, the divine services began to be held regularly, these are held until today. At present, the cathedral belongs to the diocese of Kursk and Ryla.

All who come to know the Znamensky Cathedral in Kursk, regardless of whether they are believers or just curious, leave here surprised, impressed and peaceful. Znamensky Cathedral is truly a worthy, surprisingly beautiful and remarkable place in the great modern city of Kursk.

What to visit on your trip to Russia.

In memory of the triumph in the war of 1812 in Kursk during the decade (1816-1826), the Znamensky Cathedral was built, a monument of architecture of federal importance. For a long time there were miracles in him creating the Kursk root icon of the Mother of God “The Sign”, which appeared in the male monastery of the root desert. Hence the name of the cathedral: Znamensky. After the 1917 revolution, the temple was sacked: the icon and the golden robe, granted by Tsar Fedor Ivanovich, decorated with expensive stones and pearls, were stolen.

The image was accidentally found in the Feodosievsky well and in the fall of 1919 it was taken from the city, and a little later from the country. Today, an important sanctuary of the Russian Christian Church is maintained in New York. And the golden robe disappeared without a trace.

All who come to this temple, whether believers or just curious, leave here shocked, impressed and pacified.

Znamensky Cathedral was closed in 1932, in 1935 the bell towers and domes were demolished, and in 1943 the retreating troops of the fascist army set fire to the church. The Cathedral in its time was a warehouse, and a prisoner of war camp, and an electrical factory, and a cinema, until in 1992 it was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church. The temple underwent significant reconstruction and restoration and appeared before the eyes in all its splendor as early as 2004. And when for some time (2009) they brought the miraculous icon of the Kursk root of the Mother of God “The Sign”, the pilgrims bowed before the sanctuary of all Russia.

Since then, the image of the Sign has been taken to Kursk annually. But in the Znamensky Cathedral there is an exact copy of the icon, created by the monks of the Znamensky Monastery in 1902. It was consecrated in a miraculous writing.

Znamensky Cathedral, Kursk

The Znamensky Cathedral is located in the heart of the city, in the Znamensky Monastery, created in 1597-1613. Kursk in honor of Kursk’s liberation from the Polish hetman Zholkevsky, who captured and devastated the city. The temple is so significant and majestic that many equate it with the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow. Its height under the dome is 48 m, and it is designed for the simultaneous presence of more than five thousand parishioners. The cathedral is incredible with its bell tower with a huge bell that weighs 1380 kg, famous images stored in powerful towers located in the refectory; Everything causes an indelible impression on those present.

Before Easter 2001, a window of extraordinary beauty was installed on the altar of the cathedral: the root of Kursk, Mother of God, the canopy and the halls were lined with granite.

The golden blacksmith’s candelabrum and thin cast iron (2.5 tons), installed under the dome, has 12 levels of candles.

Already during the reconstruction under the scaffolding in Znamensky Cathedral, services began to be held regularly, which are still ongoing. At present, the cathedral belongs to the diocese of Kursk and Rylsk.

All who come to this temple, whether believers or just curious, leave here shocked, impressed and pacified. Znamensky Cathedral is a truly remarkable and amazingly beautiful remarkable place in the great modern city of Kursk.

How to get

Address: Kursk, st. Lunacharsky, 4.

Hours: the temple is open from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., on Saturdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

 

Come to the tour at Znamensky Cathedral in Kursk where you can enjoy learning. Visiting Znamensky Cathedral in Kursk is ideal for you.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”siderbar-paginas”][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Guardar o Compartir carrito
Tu pedido se guardará y se generará un link. Puede enviar este link a cualquier contacto o usarlo usted para recordar los productos que ha seleccionado.
Back Guardar o Compartir carrito
Tu pedido se guardará y se generará un link. Puede enviar este link a cualquier contacto o usarlo usted para recordar los productos que ha seleccionado.
Your cart email sent successfully :)

WhatsApp Podemos ayudarle con cualquier consulta